Job Title: Outreach Lead Worker
Salary Range: £18,000 – £21,000 p.a. pro rata (depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Based at Eikon’s HQ, with mobile outreach in various Surrey boroughs
Job Type: Fixed term contract until 31st August 2015
Hours: 20 hours per week, including afternoons and evenings
Eikon is a Surrey based charity that has been working in the local community for almost two decades, providing long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families.
Our vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who are able to contribute positively to society.
Eikon is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Outreach Lead Worker to lead the delivery of an exciting new mobile outreach service and to deliver independent living skills programmes. The aim is to support young people aged 11 to 16 years old who are at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), to prevent them from becoming NEET.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A youth work qualification would be an advantage but isn’t essential as training will be given.
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people aged 11 to 16 years.
- Experience of outreach, detached or mobile youth work would be an advantage.
- Ability to develop appropriate, supportive and enabling relationships with young people.
- Ability to work in partnership with other organisations.
An enhanced DBS list check will be required for this role.
For the full advert please click here.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 3rd April 17:00.
Interviews: Thursday 10th April 2014.
For an informal discussion, please contact Sue Endicott, Community Programmes Manager on 01932 347 434 or email email@example.com.
For the full job description click here.
Or contact the Eikon office on 01932 347434 / firstname.lastname@example.org.