Eikon is seeking to recruit a new Chair of the Board of Trustees to serve the aims and objectives of the organisation and to help shape its future. This role is required due to the retirement of the current Chair.
The successful candidate should have the following;
- A good knowledge of the Charitable sector and strong links at a local and national level within government and regional agencies.
- Ideally, a background touching youth work or education.
- A proven leader and strategic thinker with strong communication and influencing skills.
- Previous experience of chairing boards and, ideally, of fund raising.
- An ability to build consensus within a diverse group and to develop a clear and logical plan to achieve goals and targets.
- The time and energy to oversee and support the development of the charity’s work and staff.
Application pack: For details of the post please see the Chair Recruitment Advert and Job Description. Interested parties will also find it useful to read the Eikon Annual Report and The Eikon Charity chart.
Applicants should submit their CV by email and include a brief one page outline entitled “Why I should be considered as Chair for Eikon”.
On receipt of applications (closing date June 13th, 2014) we will prepare a shortlist of potential candidates who will be invited for interview with the aim of making an appointment by mid July 2014.