We took the opportunity to sit down and talk to Tony when he came into our offices to collect his prize this afternoon. Following are excerpts from our meeting:
- Eikon: Now that we can announce you as our official winner, could you tell us how you feel about winning this prize?
- Tony: I’m delighted as I have never won a raffle before, although I have organised lots!
- Eikon: What are you most looking forward to about your trip?
- Tony: A complete and total break in beautiful surroundings!
- Eikon: Have you decided who you are going to take with you?
- Tony: My wife Frances. (pictured).
- Eikon: Is there anything you would like to say about winning this prize?
- Tony: I was so surprised to win, the odds weren’t really very high! Thank you!!
We would once again like to thank Beachcomber Tours for making this event possible. Beachcomber Tours are located in Guildford, Surrey, and specialise in the fine art of luxury travel. They specialise in travel packages to Mauritius, the Seychelles, Morocco, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Their generous donation of this amazing trip for 2 to beautiful Mauritius has enabled the Eikon Charity to raise over £5,000 to help vulnerable young people in Surrey.
Mark Boulle, Marketing Director at Beachcomber Travel, says, “We are so pleased to have allowed Eikon to raise a decent amount of money for this very important cause. We believe that Eikon are the perfect fit for Beachcomber, as we run similar support programmes for young people in Mauritius”.
Have a wonderful time, Tony, and don’t forget to send a post card!