Job Title: Head of Boroughs
Location: Offices New Haw, Surrey & working across the county
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Length of Contract: Permanent
Rate of pay: £32,000 to £35,000
Responsible to: Head of Service
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
Pension: Work Place Pension Plan
The Head of Boroughs role holds responsibility for a number of boroughs – is responsible for Eikon’s local strategy, borough relationships, staff, and delivery of youth services, and sourcing and funding new work in the boroughs. The role will have devolved authority and budget to ensure effective decision making responding to emerging local needs. Working closely with other Heads of Boroughs and the Borough Teams to ensure efficient use of all resources.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Contribute to Eikon’s strategy and objectives, and ensure the organisational perspective is reflected in the delivery of services and outcomes for young people.
- Develop and deliver Eikon’s borough strategies, reflecting Eikon’s overarching strategy and budgets, to ensure continued support is given by Eikon to young people in the boroughs.
- Manage devolved budgets and other resources effectively, within delegated authorities.
- Ensure all staff understand and deliver within Eikon’s safeguarding policies and practices.
The Delivery of youth services and staff management
- Lead decision making for the boroughs, within the agreed strategy and devolved budgets.
- Direct the delivery of Eikon’s contracts and programmes, taking responsibility for a number of Boroughs, to ensure the delivery of a consistently high quality service.
- Ensure all activities and staff comply with latest safeguarding best practice.
- Develop the team of frontline delivery staff ensuring a high quality service is delivered in accordance with all other best practice guidelines and all relevant Eikon policies and guidelines.
- Lead the management of the whole team, and the supervision of all direct reports as appropriate and within budget.
- Liaise and coordinate with other Borough Teams to share resources efficiently. Plan and action recruitment to ensure strategies can be met within funding constraints.
- Set and monitor targets to ensure evaluations and case notes are complete and of a high quality.
- Ensure an effective process is in place to monitor, measure and report on all outputs and outcomes for all contracts and work within Boroughs to ensure that targets are met with partners, commissioners and contract owners.
- Produce monthly reports for the Head of Services and other agencies as required
- Organise attendance at all relevant Borough meetings.
- Attend and contribute to the Monthly Operations Meeting.
Borough management and relationships
- Develop and maintain strong and strategic relationships within the boroughs, including the wider community and external agencies (incl. schools).
- Liaise with key stakeholders and relevant agencies to ensure Eikon is considered as part of the delivery and funding plans.
- Identify emerging needs across boroughs and plan services to meet those needs
- Initiate and deliver funding for additional services.
- Identify, promote and support local fundraising opportunities.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably required by the Head of Services.
Reports to: Head of Services
Reportee’s: Employees, volunteers and social work students allocated to the borough will report to the Head of Boroughs either directly or through Borough and youth work managers/leads.
This job description may be subject to review as the organisation is constantly developing. This will be in consultation with the job holder
For more information please click the details below for the job description and application form.
Closing date: 01/05/2018
Interviews: W/C 07/05/2018