- Date: 29th July 2018
- Location: London and Surrey
- Registration: £50
- Minimum Sponsorship: £500
- Distance: 100 miles
Join Team Eikon in 2018 and support vulnerable young people across Surrey. Test yourself against 100 miles of closed road route made famous by the London 2012 Olympic Cycle Races.Celebrating the legacy for cycling created by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, this event starts in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park then follows a 100 mile route on closed roads throughout the capital and into Surrey's beautiful countryside. With challenging climbs and a route made famous by the world's best cyclists at the London 2012 Olympics, this is truly a spectacular event for all involved. RideLondon 100 is a perfect ride for both club and recreational cyclists. Slower cyclists can enjoy a challenging ride while faster riders will relish the opportunity to pit themselves against the country's top amateurs. There is no other closed road event like this; RideLondon Surrey 100 is one of the largest charity fund raising cycle events in the world. The event is broadcast live on TV and is viewed by an international audience of millions. Be part of Team Eikon to receive
- A fundraising pack to help you reach and even exceed your fundraising target
- Regular communication programs leading up to the event to help you stay motivated
- A support team on the day of the event to cheer you en route and congratulate you at the end!
- Invitation to Eikon's Award Evening to see the impact your efforts have made on local young people
My name is Silvie and I have decided to support Eikon because I believe that every person has right to fulfil their potential but not always has been given a chance. The reasons could be different, lack of support from the family, struggle at school or even poor health.And I have experienced it all. But I did not give up, I have pulled myself together even when it wasn’t easy at times and studied hard, travelled and worked abroad, gain lots of valuable experience and learned lots of lessons, good and bad ones too. I am not saying that it has healed all wounds as there will be always some scars left but I did not give up. I have stopped listening to the people who said I cannot do this and I cannot do that because I do not have the ability or I am not smart enough. I have taken the control and proved them wrong. I never thought I could run more than couple of miles before I would fall on my face or jump over obstacles or climb a mountain but I did, I have trained, believed but most importantly I have tried. I did not expect to win a gold medal but I have achieved my goal.
To sum this up whoever reads this story, stay strong, believe in yourself, follow your heart and make your dreams come true.
Take on a challenge of a lifetime and help transform the lives of vulnerable young people in Surrey by taking part in an overseas challenge. There are numerous options available, from climbing Africa's Mt Kilimanjaro, cycling the length of Cuba or even walking the Great Wall of China!Event Description: The following activities have proven popular in the past, but the list is not exhaustive so if you have another idea then please let us know!
- Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro
- London to Paris Bike Ride
- Mt Everest Base Camp
- Walking the Great Wall of China
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Sahara Desert
- Icelandic Lava Trek
- Cuban Cycle Challenge
- Rajasthan India Tiger Challenge
- Promotional help to assist you in reaching and even exceeding your fundraising target
- Regular communications throughout the build-up to the event
- A dedicated member of staff to answer any questions that you may have
- Date: You decide!
- Location: 10,000 feet above Surrey!
- Cost: £50