Wellbeing in the Community Lead
We offer a range of benefits to employees including:
- 5 weeks holiday a year
- Sick pay
- Safeguarding training
- Pension scheme – run by Aviva
- Flexible working where role allows
The Eikon Charity is one of Surrey’s leading charities supporting children and young people to overcome difficulties, become resilient and develop into confident adults who contribute positively to their communities.
We are looking for people with passion and expertise to drive the charity forward and help us continue to be a leading provider of early intervention in Surrey.
Main purpose of Job
Delivering counselling sessions to clients identified through the Emotional Wellbeing Mental Health Contract. As a counsellor, you’ll hold a weekly caseload, will work as part of a team, undertaking mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence-based treatment for children and young people. (This may include individual, parent & child, sibling, family and group interventions.)
The service is underpinned by CYP IAPT principles and the post holder would support and assist the core aims of this in the service.
• Provide time-limited and clinically appropriate counselling sessions for CYP
• To work within the BACP, UKCP ethical framework
• Keep accurate records of individual engagement, evidence of change and celebrate progress with CYP
• Build positive relationships with young people and where necessary parents and carers
• Provide, record and report the appropriate data to ensure support programmes can be accurately monitored and evaluated
• Work as part of a team and attend team meetings, training events and participate fully in one to one, peer and group supervision
• Always apply safeguarding and child protection procedures
• Provide written case studies as evidence of the effectiveness of individual interventions
• Work as part of a team and attend team meetings, training events and participate fully in 1:1, peer and group supervision
• Work co-operatively and under the management of The Eikon Charity staff to ensure the highest quality of delivery and support
• Work within Eikon’s internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations
• Be responsible for equipment/resources linked to service delivery
• Attend and participate in any professional training as may be identified
• Assist with the development and progression of the service by adhering to all communication requests and assisting with peer progression development when requested through case supervision
• Work within Eikon’s equal opportunities, health & safety and safeguarding policies at all times
• Attend and actively participate in regular clinical supervision
• Work some evenings – in order to be able to contact young people
This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to changed based on the needs of the Department Programme. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.
We are looking for applicants that have a real passion to support young people who are full of enthusiasm, knowledgeable and have a welcoming approach and personality.
Eikon is committed to safeguarding and prompting the welfare of young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process.
An offer of employment will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please download the application form below, complete it and submit using the Apply Now button below.
If you have any questions, please contact
Closing date for applications: Monday 19 April
If you have not heard by Friday 28 April 2021 you were not shortlisted for interview.
We do not provide feedback on applications.
First interview date: w/c 03 May
We are happy to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates who attended an interview upon request.