Digital Lead Youthwork/Moderator
We offer a range of benefits to employees including:
- 5 weeks holiday a year
- Sick pay
- Safeguarding training
- Flexible working where role allows
The Eikon Charity is Surrey’s leading charity supporting children and young people to overcome difficulties, become resilient and develop into confident adults who contribute positively to their communities.
We are looking for people with passion and expertise to drive the charity forward and help us continue to be a leading provider of early intervention in Surrey.
Main purpose of Job
To ensure young people in Surrey have better access to information, support and participation through Eikon’s Virtual Youthwork
• Plan, organise and deliver creative digital youthwork (workshops, events and engagement activities, resources) with young people across Surrey
• To develop and create content for Eikon Virtual Youthwork alongside delivering live online youthwork sessions
• To manage and develop Eikon’s virtual youthwork with young people through a range of multimedia platforms
• To provide support, advice and participation opportunities to young people through our digital platforms
• To ensure that young people have opportunities to participate in our virtual youthwork
• To work with the team and other Eikon youth workers to create written/visual content for the virtual youthwork platform
• Ensure that young people are involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of youth work
• Assess the needs of young people and plan and deliver programmes related to areas of needs such as mental health, substance misuse, domestic violence, relationships, bullying and education
• Work in partnership with professionals from other organisations to share content so that young people can access a range of information and resources
• To keep up to date with digital devices and applications available
• Take part in regular one to one and team meetings (following Government Covid-19 guidelines, where appropriate)
• Keep accurate records and provide data and information as required
• Regularly monitor and review the program of work
• To establish appropriate professional boundaries in the online relationships with young people
• To work within Eikons internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations
Key issues over the next 6 months
To work with a small team to:
• grow our existing virtual youth club users
• build the new digital platform
• explore and develop new ways to digitally connect with young people in Surrey
We are looking for applicants that have a real passion for communication and social media and the possibilities it offers to build relationships with young people. We are looking for people who are full of enthusiasm and fun and have a welcoming approach and personality. We also require the candidate to have an interest in technology, internet, social media digital and ICT development.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please download the application form below, complete it and submit using the Apply Now button below.
If you have any questions, please contact
Closing date for applications: 11 September 2020
Eikon is committed to safeguarding and prompting the welfare of young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process.
An offer of employment will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure.
If you have not heard from us by 25 September 2020 you were not shortlisted for interview. We do not provide feedback on applications.
First interview date: week commencing 28 September & 5 October 2020.
We are happy to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates who attended an interview upon request.