Wellbeing in Schools Lead
We offer a range of benefits to employees including:
- 5 weeks holiday a year
- Sick pay
- Safeguarding training
- Pension scheme – run by Aviva
- Flexible working where role allows
The Eikon Charity is one of Surrey’s leading charities supporting children and young people to overcome difficulties, become resilient and develop into confident adults who contribute positively to their communities.
We are looking for people with passion and expertise to drive the charity forward and help us continue to be a leading provider of early intervention in Surrey.
The Eikon Charity is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and aims to provide a working environment which is free from unfair discrimination and will enable employees and volunteers to fulfil their personal potential.
Main purpose of Job
The Early Intervention Coordinator is a key role within the School Based Needs Service, working as part of the borough and district-based community teams, comprised of NHS staff and third sector workforce under the umbrella of The Surrey Wellbeing Partnership. This team will build support around schools offering a wide menu of services across a cluster of schools based on borough/district boundaries.
Each EIC will be working as part of the Team around the School in one of the following clusters: Runnymede, Surrey Heath and Waverley boroughs.
- Work with colleagues and line manager to ensure that your work is aligned to organisational strategy, key objectives and annual plans and budgets
- To assess the needs and strengths of the referred young person and help him/her identify individual goals to achieve desired change
- To design, deliver and review evidence-based interventions for children and young people which aim to improve mental health and well-being and build on existing strengths
- To take responsibility for own caseload of children, young people and families some with complex and multiple needs
- To work in close partnership with participating schools as part of their existing pastoral structures and support team
- To work collaboratively with Surrey and Borders NHS Partnership, Surrey Children’s Services, Mental Health Support Teams and other community-based services to provide the most effective service for children, young people and families.
- To keep accurate records of individual engagement, evidence of change and celebrate progress with children and young people
- To record appropriate outcomes data to ensure support programmes can be accurately monitored and evaluated
- To collect and share case studies that demonstrate good practice and the impact of interventions on outcomes for children and young people
- To work across multiple geographical locations if required
- Other work as requested by your line manager as needed to support our aims
- Work within Eikon’s equal opportunities, health & safety, and safeguarding policies at all times
- Understand and act when safeguarding issues need to be escalated
- Work as part of a team and attend team meetings, training events and participate fully in 1:1, peer and group supervision
- Work co-operatively and under the management of The Eikon Charity staff to ensure the highest quality of delivery and support
- Work within Eikon’s internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations
- Be responsible for equipment/resources linked to service delivery
We are looking for applicants that have a real passion to support young people who are full of enthusiasm, knowledgeable and have a welcoming approach and personality.
Eikon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process.
An offer of employment will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure.
As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy, we do not accept CVs.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please download the application form below, complete it and submit using the Apply Now button below. If you have any questions, please contact
We are scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Please apply as soon as possible.
We do not provide feedback on applications.
We are happy to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates who attended an interview upon request.