Projects & Pilots Manager
We offer a range of benefits to employees including:
- 5 weeks holiday a year plus Bank Holidays
- Sick pay
- Safeguarding training
- Pension scheme – run by Aviva
- Flexible working where role allows
The Eikon Charity is one of Surrey’s leading charities supporting children and young people to overcome difficulties, become resilient and develop into confident adults who contribute positively to their communities.
We are looking for people with passion and expertise to drive the charity forward and help us continue to be a leading provider of early intervention in Surrey.
Main purpose of Job
The Youth Participation worker with LGBT expertise will hold a key role in the Projects & Pilots team at Eikon. The responsibility of the role will be across a few elements:
Delivery of Eikon’s LGBTQ+ current commitments (face to face and online)
Being an expert contact and able to collaborate and share knowledge across the wider organization in respect of topics relating to LGBTQ+
Work closely with the Projects and Pilots Manager to integrate diversity and inclusivity into the wider organisational and team respective strategies
In addition to the main elements of the role the Youth Participation worker may be asked to join and support other community work, depending on the peaks and flows across the team
• Deliver sessions within the LGBT+ strategy to ensure continued support is given by Eikon to young people; Putting young people first, ensuring we offer the right help at the right time
• Ensure that young people are involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of youth work and lead on creating a continuous feedback loop with our beneficiaries
• Review and revise commitments in line with environmental changes face to face and online
• Collaborate across the organization to build capability and knowledge in respect of LGBTQ+ challenges, and the potential impact on emotional wellbeing if unsupported
• Support in delivering and designing materials for parental support groups
• Work with the Schools Programmes team to ensure the topic of and needs of LGBTQ+ are accurately and adequately captured
• Ensure that parents and carers are involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the peer parenting work
• Work within Eikon’s equal opportunities, health & safety and safeguarding policies at all times
• Bean active and support member of the Project and Pilots team in supporting other activities. Take part in the Projects & Pilots team regular team meetings and support the team’s wider strategy development and roll out
This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to changed based on the needs of the Department Programme. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.
The Eikon Charity is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and aims to provide a working environment which is free from unfair discrimination and will enable employees and volunteers to fulfil their personal potential.
We are looking for applicants that have a real passion to support young people who are full of enthusiasm, knowledgeable and have a welcoming approach and personality.
Eikon is committed to safeguarding and prompting the welfare of young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process.
An offer of employment will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please download the application form below, complete it and submit using the Apply Now button below.
As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy, we do not accept CVs.
We are scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Please apply as soon as possible.
We do not provide feedback on applications.
We are happy to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates who attended an interview upon request.
If you have any questions, please contact