We support schools to develop a SMART school’s approach to mental health and wellbeing across the 8 key areas outlined by the Public Health England model.
Through this we help schools to:
- Identify and review what they already do to promote wellbeing
- Collect feedback and perspectives f om stakeholders including students an staff
- Explore opti0ns drawing on great practice and evidence from a wide range of sources
- Define their desired whole school approach to wellbeing
- Create a development plan to implement the design
We also incorporate a Systems Leadership approach that provides schools with a unique approach to understand and develop their systems, symbols and behaviours.
We have different levels of support and resources offered, depending on what the school needs. We only work by invitation of the school leadership and always in partnership with a focus on transferring skills for sustainable transformation.
For more information about the SMART schools approach to Whole School Wellbeing, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head Smart Wellbeing Ambassadors
Head Smart is a peer-led wellbeing ambassador programme funded by Mindsight Surrey CAMHS. Eikon will deliver a training programme and resources to develop wellbeing ambassadors in your school who will be able to help other students to think about their own mental health and the practical things they can do to promote positive wellbeing. A Wellbeing Ambassador promotes wellbeing in school through education, activities, events and whole school communication.
Eikon will provide 2- 3 hours of training and a workbook, covering the following:
- Definition of role and responsibilities and benefits to the school community
- Raising awareness of mental health needs and the importance of personal well-being
- To educate and equip young people with knowledge and actions to improve wellbeing
- To teach the Five Ways to Wellbeing and provide experience of them
- To devise action plans to implement the five ways in their life
- To create student-led strategic plans to educate and impact the whole school on wellbeing
- Awareness and signposting pathways for support available to students in school and externally
- Wellbeing Ambassador role limits and personal support
The programme has follow-on training to grow ambassadors into advisors, and advisors into peer wellbeing mentors. We are partnering with Kooth.com and on request we can offer additional lessons; assemblies and small group sessions on using technology for wellbeing.
We have had amazing feedback from our Surrey schools who are running the Head Smart Wellbeing Ambassadors Programme. To read some of the brilliant initiatives taking place which could be easily be replicated in your school please click here
Heads Up is a schools-based six week course for that teaches young people the skills to understand and build their own mental health and to improve the way they deal with tough times. Based on the material created by UK Youth/Paul Hamlyn Foundation this nationally recognised programme helps young people build a range of skills in wellbeing, and dealing with emotions and difficulties. Delivered by youth workers, the style of the course is accessible and fun.
It has four core units:
- Promoting emotional wellbeing
- Mental health awareness
- Managing stress
- Reaching out
With the choice of two sessions from the following:
- Supporting friends
- Drugs and alcohol
- Dealing with anger
- Food and mood
- Healthy relationships
We also offer a range of targeted support and courses including anger management, self-esteem and resilience. For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Mindsight Surrey CAMHS
Eikon is a partner in the Mindsight Surrey CAMH Service. As well as promoting wellbeing in schools, Eikon manages the counselling services delivered in local communities through our partners Learning Space, Relate West Surrey, Step by Step and YMCA East Surrey. More information can be found on the Mindsight Surrey CAMHS website.