Where to find support for young people
If you’re worried about your child
These organisations have information and advice about things to look out for and how you can support your child. You could also speak to your GP for advice and to see what help is available.
- Mindworks Surrey – the new emotional wellbeing and mental health service for children and young people in Surrey
- Surrey Wellbeing Partnership – a Facebook group by a group of voluntary sector organisations working together to help improve the wellbeing of Surrey children, young people and families) are offering parents an opportunity to focus on what really matters for their children right now
- Young Minds – an organisation that provides advice to parents and young people, this includes a parents helpline
- Family Lives – parenting and family support through email, phoneline, text and website
- NSPCC – a charity aimed at preventing abuse and helping those affected to recover
- Think U Know – an organisation that has information and advice about keeping your child safe online
- Papyrus – a charity that provides confidential support and advice to young people struggling with thoughts of suicide, and anyone worried about a young person. phone 08000 684141, text 07786 209697
For more options available for a child or young person in need of emotional support and advice, or in the case of a mental health crisis, click here.
If you need help now
Here are some other options available if you need immediate emotional support and advice in Surrey:
If you are seeking support for a mental health crisis, please call Surrey’s Mindworks free 24/7 mental health crisis line on 0800 915 4644 where a professional can provide advice, support and signposting to a range of community services.
The crisis line is available for children and young people from the age of 6 and can be used by those who are already receiving mental health services, and by those who are not. The Extended Hope Service is also available for young people over the age of 11, between 5pm-11pm, 7 days a week and is also accessible by calling 0800 915 4644.
Alternatively, please visit the Mindworks website.
If you have a safeguarding concern about a child or young person please contact Surrey Children’s Services Single Point of Access (C-SPA) on 0300 470 9100 or visit their website Report a concern about a child or young person – Surrey County Council (surreycc.gov.uk).